what is your ring?

As you head into another round fo working hard, or are feeling burdened, I'm reminded of a quote from the Lord of the Rings.

"Frodo" has taken on the hard task of holding a ring that is full of darkness and dread as he and his companions journey to destroy it. By this point he is worn down and not sure how to proceed:
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this would have happened."

Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for us to decide. All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us."

What is your "ring?"

May you not be at the mercy of your fatigue.

May you not even at the mercy of your desire to make a difference.

May you instead live fully in the Story of God at work in your life, whether you are high-fiving Him, questioning Him or not yet aware of Him. If I can be a part of your journey as a companion or pray for you in any way, send me a note.
"Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ." (Galatians 6:20)