do you have dimples?

I can't golf... at all. 

Unless it involves a putter and a windmill.  Or a mechanical alligator.

Ironically, I remember when I was asked to give a demonstration about how to hold and swing a golf club.  It was in junior high, and I nailed the whole presentation. That is, except for the part where I forgot to actually show the class how to hold and swing a golf club. I did everything but that part because I got nervous.

Some days I still feel like I'm forgetting something important when I speak in front of people, such as in a Sunday morning church service or in a seminar I may be teaching.  I keep thinking, "Who am I to speak? I'm flawed and foolish... what good could God possibly do through me?
 
I have learned one thing about golf, though, which is that what looks useless may actually have a purpose.

Case in point, those silly looking dimples that cover the surface of a golf ball minimize the air resistance it faces while traveling. In most cases, the ball will actually travel twice as far and as fast because of these bumps.

In other words, something that appears useless is more important than we realize.

As you look at your life, what bumps appears "useless" and "unnecessary?"  I'm not speaking about sin, but rather odd aspects of your life that actually are of more importance than you realize.  Do you feel "dimpled" in some way that actually is God's gift to you to use for his purposes and glory?

And if you do... what's it going to take for you to start using that as an asset for your Creator?
"But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong." (1 Corinthians 1:27)