But as I sit here on the verge of more great stuff, I'm reminded that others may be heading out to spend Valentine's Day with a special someone. If so, this list is for you.
Bad Ways to Celebrate Valentine's Day:
- Eat a candle-lit dinner at McDonalds (unless this is splurging for your budget - then, by all means, go for it - you'll look romantic)
- Take him out to eat at Wendy's and tell him he can only order from the dollar menu.
- Instead of chocolates, you bring her a 12 pack of Slim-Fast.
- Bring your cat on the date.
- Offer to watch the Notebook, but eat popcorn loudly and comment on the actor's shoes during the whole movie.
- Buy her an actual bear.
- Buy him a shake-weight.
- Hand her a card that has someone else's name scratched off and hers written above it.
- Take phone calls from friends and tell them how the date is going... in front of him.
And Jacob served seven years for Rachel; and they seemed unto him but a few days, for the love he had to her. (Gen 29:20)