from oblivious to legacy

Leadership tends to emerge over time.

Sure, there are moments when you might dramatically jump into something because of a crisis "out there" or "in you."

Most of the tie, leadership happens in phases. Think of this in the world of performing arts:
  • Oblivious: "I know nothing about theater, acting or singing."
  • Audience: "I saw a show."
  • Fan: "I rather enjoyed that show and have started following the people behind it."
  • Audition: "Maybe I can do something like that, be it up front or behind-the-scenes."
  • Chorus: "I'm on stage. Right there. Next to that other person. I have a line. Wait for it!"
  • Performer: "I need to study for my part in this. I'm in several scenes."
  • Lead performer: "My face is on the poster. That means I have a key role in this soaring or flopping, so I'm all in."
  • Creator: "What if we did this? Or didn't do that? Or did something else instead?"
  • Producer: "I'm going to invest into making something happen that allows others to shine."
  • Legacy: "Those people I invested into? They're now investing into others."
Don't for a moment think that because you're in the audience today and not at a legacy stage that where you are right now doesn't have significance.

Just keep growing... keep moving... keep emerging.
"So he asked Jesse, “Are these all the sons you have?”

“There is still the youngest,” Jesse answered. “He is tending the sheep.”

Samuel said, “Send for him; we will not sit down until he arrives.” (2 Samuel 16:11)