guest post: growing pains


From Rosemary Edwards, Admin Connection of Connection Church

Sometimes it is so easy to follow the Holy Spirit’s leading, especially when it brings about absolute joy and leads to visible life.


There are those times however, when it can be very difficult and create sharp growing pains. 

The difficulty came for me recently during my prayer time. I began to sense that God was leading me in a different direction that I didn't quite understand and didn't want to accept.

Can you relate?

For me this involves the role I've filled over the past several years in the Body of Christ in my staff role. God is telling me to move in a different direction now, which means serving as a volunteer in a new way. I'm not going anywhere, but the method that I serve in is going to be something different. As I continue to pray though this, what started out chaotic and become a growing excitement for what is in store for me next.

Paul reminds us in Ephesians 4:15-16:
“Speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ. From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work." 

As this “body part” called Rosemary Edwards experiences “growing pains,” I look forward with great expectations to my next journey with our Lord and Savior. Likewise, as my openness to God helps our church body grow as a whole, let us each examine our role to see if our “body parts” are fitting into the big plan.
  • Is each of us in tune with the Holy Spirit? 
  • Are any of us feeling nudges and stirrings that we are not yet paying attention to? 
  • Is God calling you in a way that is uncomfortable? 
  • Are you turning a deaf ear to Him or are you answering the call?