real words

What you think repulses me.

Sometimes.

Other times it inspires me.

Sometimes.

The catch is there are rules we're supposed to follow in what we say.

We give the "safe" answer. "Fine, how are you?"

It certainly seems more palatable than the "awkward" answer. "I'm horrible. The gout on my feet has been acting up."

There are other issues that can be affirmed from only one direction. For example, if I were to post on online "Hey everyone, I'm coming out of the closet..." I would get lots of affirming comments, such as "Hey, I'm here for you. I won't judge you. I have your back." 

Imagine if I were to finish the sentence by saying, "Thanks, because I'm coming out of the closet on what I think about culture's blind affirmation of homosexuality, and I want everyone to know God's perspective on it." The response would be different, wouldn't it?

Ever wonder why people crucified Jesus?

Look - you know what it's like to be real.

You know what it's like to feel joy, pain, anger and fear. You know what it's like to experience betrayal. You know what it's like to move forward in a relationship. You know what it's like to lose someone you love.

So do I. So do the people around you.

So how can the conversations you have today better reflect that?
"Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ." (Ephesians 4:15)